Fortune does favour the brave and this has been my biggest learning experience. After winning laurels at the World Scholar’s Cup – Global Round at Dubai, I was very keen to take my school forward to the Tournament of Champions. This was a challenge logistically, as visas were not being issued. My determination and perseverance helped me not to give up and I reached out to other teams and groups across the globe to form a team. I struck lucky just two weeks before the competition and found a Slovenian team which needed a third member.
- Our team has been ranked 17th in the championship from a pool of 600 teams.
- We also received the top teams medal for Europe
- Also, the top team medal for the Mediterranean Region
- Team debate Gold
- Team bowl Silver
- Team writing Silver
- Total tally of medals- 24
Individual awards as follows-
- Individual debate gold
- Individual writing silver
- Individual for challenge literature and media silver
- Media team bowl silver
- Team writing silver
- Team debate gold
- Team challenge silver
- I was also ranked 50th individually from a pool of 1800 fellow competitors
I am extremely grateful for all the support and mentorship the school, teachers and friends have given me. I hope to continue to bring laurels to my school in my quest towards excellence.
By Samaaya Malik, MYP 4, Vice Head of Events